Monday, August 9, 2010

Braving the Rain!

A big thank you to all the folks who bravely stepped out on a rainy Saturday morning to come to the Trout Lake Farmer's Market and stop by our table to pick up a copy of my new book, Up We Grow! It was great to meet you all!

I have long been a farmer's market shopper, but never before been a vendor. It was fascinating to arrive early in the morning and watch all the farmers set up their tables, unload their food and get ready for the rush of shoppers. It was such a congenial atmosphere! But, clearly, it's also so much work. It requires a real dedication to the cause of growing and selling local food.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by! It was wonderful to chat with you. I hope to run into you at the market again. (Next time, I'll be there wandering the stalls and filling my cloth bag full of yummy, local veggies.)

Cheers!

No comments: