Monday, September 28, 2009

Hooray for Saskatchewan Schools!

I'm back after an amazing week in sunny Saskatchewan. I'll be posting a few notes about my trip over the next few days.

For now, I'd like to send a big thank you to the wonderful teachers and librarians in Moose Jaw who invited me to visit their schools. They are: Rae Trites at Palliser Heights Elementary, Paula Shareski at King George Elementary, and Susan Bergen at Cornerstone Christian School. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your students!

The photo is of King George Elementary, one of the schools I visited, and where my father went to school as a boy. It was especially thrilling to visit here, and think about him playing on the playground and walking through the hallways.

Hi to all of the students I met last week. You were a fabulous audience! I hope I get to come back and visit you again someday.

Have a great fall!

No comments: