Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting Started: Writing for Kids


Here's another wonderful book to help you get started writing and illustrating for children. It's full of information on how to submit a manuscript, what publishers are looking for, and all kinds of other "how-to" tips. I've consulted the Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market for years and it's always been excellent.

In the last month or so, I've had several inquiries from people keen to begin writing for children, and this is the book I like to recommend. Above is the most recent edition, but older editions are great, too. You can often track them down at the library. Or order the new edition at your local bookstore.

Just today, in fact, I was flipping through my copy trying to find the right publisher for a manuscript I am ready to send out into the world. I hope I chose wisely.

And you can go here for a reminder about the Getting Started Panel at the Vancouver Public Library on March 4.

Good luck, and happy writing!


No comments: