Friday, November 23, 2012

Sheila Barry & Groundwood Books

Congratulations to Sheila Barry who is about take the reins as full publisher at Groundwood Books! Sheila was my long-time editor at another publishing house and I know she is perfect for the publisher role.

She and Patsy Aldana have been co-publishers at Groundwood this past year, and Patsy (who established Groundwood and had a long tenure there) is retiring to focus on other literary endeavours.

I think it is wonderful for both of them! To read more about this news, you can go here.

On another note, it is the weekend of my book launch at the Jewish Book Festival. Sunday, Nov. 25 at 1pm at the Jewish Community Centre. I'll be talking about Rescuing the Children: The Story of the Kindertransport. Love to see you there!

Cheers!


No comments: