Saturday, May 7, 2011

Final Visit to Mission

I'm gearing up for my last trip to Mission schools next week. It's been wonderful to be their visiting author this year, and a big thank you to Envision Financial for making it possible!

I'm looking forward to meeting the students and staff at Christine Morrison School, Hatzic Elementary, and Durieu and Silverdale Schools. By the end of this trip, I will have been to every elementary school in the Mission district. What an opportunity to see the operation of an entire district and the many dedicated professionals who make it work.

I'd especially like to thank Heather Rapin, district literacy teacher, for programming all of my visits and getting me from Point A to B every day. I'd be lost without her!

See you all next week. (I wonder if the sun will come out?)

Cheers!

No comments: