Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go Hailey!

It's not easy to work on my manuscript when the amazing and wonderful Olympic games are happening right here in my own city. The streets are full of international visitors and happy Canadians, and I know that at almost every minute, there's some exciting event I could be attending or watching on the screen.

From my office at night (including right now!), I can hear the festive music and fireworks that celebrate each day's big events. And today was a big event: The Canadian women's hockey team won the gold medal. Go Canada!

Hailey Wickenheiser, the team captain, was inspirational as always, and watching her reminded me of a great children's book about this talented hockey star. If there are kids in your life, it's a book worth picking up for them. Check out: Hailey Wickenheiser: Born to Play by Elizabeth Etue, published by Kids Can Press.

And now, it's back to work... Wish me luck. (Can you hear the music?)

No comments: